It is said that music is food for the soul, especially during travel. So many people consider their cars their second home and nothing would make that experience better than quality sound.
There is an increasing number of people spending more time in their cars; a number of them traveling and camping. It, therefore, makes perfect sense to invest in good sound.
The best car speakers have great sound quality, sensitivity of ninety dB and above and a frequency range of 20,000 Hz to 40,000Hz.
1. JBL GTO939 GTO Series 6×9″ 300W 3 Way Coaxial Audio Speakers – Best All-Surround System Car Speakers
These speakers are famed for their home-theatre level output. The sound is exceptionally balanced thanks to the excellent three-way loudspeaker (patented by the corporation). The tweeters are built with high quality titanium that amplify power and reduce heat.
JBL GTO939 speakers have an impedance of 2 ohms; they weigh five pounds and have a sensitivity of 92 dB. These speakers handle power perfectly and boast of 300 watts.
They have a protective plastic casing that shields them from scratches and maintains them in good condition for functionality. In addition, their textile dome tweeters enhance the bandwidth.
These speakers are fairly easy to install and come with the most common dimensions. This makes them a suitable fit for almost every car. These speakers’ cross-over network is designed with advanced high range and low range pass filters. This ensures that there is no noise in the background hence making the sound incredibly clear.
- They have great output – home theatre level
- Built-in cross over network
- They are easy to fit in to any type of car
- Great power handling
- They are very well priced considering their capacity
- Most users would prefer the brightness of the twitter reduced a little.
2. Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime – Best Bass Output Car Speakers
Rockford Fosgate R165x3 prime speakers come in a pair of two. They are full range and have low impedance. This means there’s room for installing extra amplifiers thus making their output high quality.
Rockford Fosgate car speakers are surrounded with rubber. This helps boost the bass output. They also have a vacuum cone made with polypropylene which enables them to clean out any background noise and intensify clarity.
Rockford Fosgate car speakers have a shallow mounting depth which makes them easy to install. They also have a broad frequency which gives them the capacity to decently handle highs and lows thus giving strong output with no distortions.
These speakers come with additional hardware and have special amplifiers for utmost sound power. This makes them a perfect bargain for their price.
- Best bass output – 3 Way full range
- They have low wattage
- One can experience noise if the vacuum cone is not well placed
3. Kenwood KFC – 1665S 6.5” – Best Budget Car Speakers
Kenwood KFC – 1665S 6.5” car speakers are another great option. These are 2- Way optimal speakers that have a great design that adds style to your car. They come with a sophisticated grey and black appearance and the mounting holes are already done.
They have a high sensitivity of 92dB and RMS of 30 watts. Their weight is slightly over seven pounds; arguably heavier than most of their peers.
Their top mount depth range is up to 1.75 inches. They are medium in size and they fit effortlessly into various speaker slots.
An additional feature of Kenwood KFC – 1665S speakers is that they are more durable in comparison to their peers. The whole set is in a steel basket which makes them resistant and helps in noise cancellation. The grille protects them from dust and daily exploitation effects.
Kenwood KFC – 1665S 6.5” car speakers come mounted coaxially over the hoofer. Their design offers high quality bass at a moderate volume giving them a good bargain.
- They are long lasting
- They have a commendable base output
- They are cost effective
- They have a one year warranty
- They are slightly heavier than their peers.
4. Pioneer TS-A1686R A-Series 6.5” – Best Long Lasting Speakers
These speakers are light weight. At only 4.5 pounds, you can comfortably fix them in various parts of the car.
Being four way speakers, Pioneer TS-A1686R speakers will offer you exceptional sound reproduction that you will hardly get anywhere else. Unlike their peers, you will not need additional accessories for installation. They are self-sufficient.
The Pioneer TS-A1686R speakers’ woofer cone is prepared with mica material; this makes them firm for any type of audio. They also have an aluminum voice coil which helps them endure high temperatures.
These speakers are built strong to last for years. They have a power of 350 watts and a sensitivity of 91dB. These full range speakers are your best choice for a price below $100.
- Their weight is ideal for any vehicle
- The sound is well distributed
- High volume does not distort the sound
- They may not produce lots of bass compared to their peers
- They could do much better with an amp
5. Polk Audio DB651 – Best 2-Way Car Speakers
Polk Audio DB651 car speaker is a 2-Way component system that can be used effortlessly with existing factory settings. The speaker weighs five pounds and has a commendable sensitivity of 92 decibels (dB). They also have a power capacity of 55 watts.
They consist of a dome tweeter made of silk polymer and a woofer made of mica cone. This makes it possible to have a balanced and exceptionally clear output whether in high or low volume.
Polk Audio DB651 Car Speakers are loved for an appealing design topped by superb performance.
Polk Audio DB651 speakers are the best 2-way speakers for a low budget. They are a perfect choice if you looking forward to stepping up your base speakers.
- You are assured of quality (its Marine certified)
- They are easy to install
- It has accurate sound balance
- It’s durable and long lasting
- You are likely to experience crankiness at maximum volume.
- You can get better quality output with a slightly higher price.